BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

In SAS Visual Analytics, I have a folder that contains 12+ reports that are all related.  On each of these reports, I would like to create a tab that provides the user with a listing of the other reports in this folder (with HTML links).  Has anyone done this?  Or, does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done?  I would like for this list to be dynamic (reading from the system) as new reports may be added in the future...and I don't want to have to update every single report.  Obviously, one way to accomplish this would be to build a dataset and manually maintain the information in the dataset and read that into SAS VA report.  However, I would like for this to be automated for my developers (and myself as I will be promoting any new reports from dev to prod).  So, maybe something like a stored process or scheduled job that pulls the data from the system...but, how would I pull this info?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest to use a Stored Process.

You can use the %MDSECDS() macro to get a list of all the reports like this:

%mdsecds(
  folder="/Shared Data"
  , includesubfolders=YES
  ,membertypes="Report.BI"
)

You then get a data set WORK.MDSECDS_OBJS with all the objects. with this you can build the link to call your report.

Using the Stored Process will take the permission of the individual user into account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest to use a Stored Process.

You can use the %MDSECDS() macro to get a list of all the reports like this:

%mdsecds(
  folder="/Shared Data"
  , includesubfolders=YES
  ,membertypes="Report.BI"
)

You then get a data set WORK.MDSECDS_OBJS with all the objects. with this you can build the link to call your report.

Using the Stored Process will take the permission of the individual user into account.

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you for the info.  I think that I will be able to work with this to come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Ricky

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation