BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dinesh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am Currently working on a visual analytics project. I am trying to build a frequency response Graph for one of the US states, for that I need the most current data in terms of population census data by Zip level.

All I can find on the web is 2010 Census data which is so obsolete with my response data I am trying to map.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

As far as I am aware, Census is done once every 10 years. Last time is 2010. They may have some ad-hoc update on certain area for certain reason, but I *think* 2010 is all you got.

Haikuo

ballardw
Super User

Census.Gov generally uses county or census tract as the smallest unit it reports on. And since the 2013 race sex by county data only became available in June 2014 I think you're going to be out of luck unless you have $$$ to spend.

One rough estimate approach would be to take the population by zip from the 2010 data, determine the proportion of county represented in each zip and apply that rate to the 2013 county data. This would be assuming that the population density isn't shifting AND that zip code boundaries haven't changed and no new zips other than for single business/sites have been added.

Reeza
Super User

Census Bureau does do population estimates by counties and micropolitan areas, not sure about ZIP, but I'm not American.

2013 data is available here. Can also search for population projections if that is available.

Current Estimates Data - U.S Census Bureau

Population Estimates - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation