BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SLK
Obsidian | Level 7 SLK
Obsidian | Level 7

In my report designer I can't see the visualization filter, only the regular filter. The visualization section are not visible.

Can any one tell my how I get the visualization filter visible in the filter tab?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The filters tab in SAS Visual Analytics Designer works differently to SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. What is it that you are seeing and for what object are you looking at? Can you provide a screenshot to explain what you are seeing and what you are expecting?

It could be that what you are seeing is how it is due to the differences in how the Filter tab works in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer and Designer components. See the documentation below:

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The filters tab in SAS Visual Analytics Designer works differently to SAS Visual Analytics Explorer. What is it that you are seeing and for what object are you looking at? Can you provide a screenshot to explain what you are seeing and what you are expecting?

It could be that what you are seeing is how it is due to the differences in how the Filter tab works in the SAS Visual Analytics Explorer and Designer components. See the documentation below:

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SLK
Obsidian | Level 7 SLK
Obsidian | Level 7

I have attached two pictures.

I'm working in the report designer with a bar chart.

what i want to see.PNGWhat i'm seeing.PNG
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the filters tab works differently. Did you drag the data item across onto the filters tab? You can still create a basic filter by doing this. The screenshot you've shown is how you can create an advanced filter.

Drag your category data item across and if the data item properties has a model type of discrete then you'll see what you expect.

SLK
Obsidian | Level 7 SLK
Obsidian | Level 7

I only have the option of making an advanced filter.I can't drag any categories (date or not) into the filter tab.

I'm using a SAS VA sample dataset and following an introduction guide from SAS to get to know all the features in the report making process.

Further, I don't have the option of creating af filter (select and include) by choosing bars in my bar chart and thereafter by right click and select either "Include Only Selection" or "Exclude Selection".

SLK
Obsidian | Level 7 SLK
Obsidian | Level 7

I have attached my view and the view from the tutorial.

my view.PNGTutorial view.PNG
SLK
Obsidian | Level 7 SLK
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the help - I found the answar 🙂

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Good to hear your issue is resolved. Please explain for others who may find this post in future your steps you took to resolve. 

Could you also mark the solution as resolved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation