BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LisaSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm very new to SAS Va, so bear with me if this is an easy one.

I have a text field where the user can enter in a value which in turn my report filters based on that.  I want the ability to be able to enter multple values in a text box - is this possible?  My list is too large to do in any other type of control, that's why I initially chose the text input. 

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The text input control supports only one value. You could use the text input control with a parameter to filter, for example, the contents of a list control.

LisaSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

If I'm understanding you correctly, this would be a two step process for the user, correct?  First the user would enter in the text input, then they would select from the list control?  I'm trying to make this as seamless for the user.  Right now I have a List Control within a Prompt container - this works, I can select multiple items, however, because of the size of my list, it's not very user-friendly.  It would be nice to be able to start typing, LI for example and then it goes to my list that all start with LI and as I type my list gets shorter.  That's why I was looking at the text input, if only I could enter multple items.  I'm wondering if there's a way that I have it as a training until SAS has this feature available, but what if I have a text input field, and then have the user separate out by commas....In VA can I then parse out the field?  Would I then be able to use that to drill down my crosstab?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One option worth exploring might be two drop down lists, the first less granular one filtering the second as discussed in this post:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/How-to-filter-a-filter-in-SAS-VA/m-p/230692#M268...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation