BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
greg6363
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to perform a multivariate regression analysis with two (or three) dependent variables and numerous independent variables but the linear regression option in SAS Viya only allows for the input of a single dependent variable.  I don't see other options within this platform to attempt the analysis.  Is there an option for multivariate regression within SAS Viya?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I don't use Visual Analytics, but mathematically multiple Y variables in regression is the same as multiple regressions each with one Y variable. 

--
Paige Miller
greg6363
Obsidian | Level 7

The question is regarding the SAS Visual Analytics application.  I understand you can perform separate analyses for each response variable but I want to perform a formal multivariate regression with two/three dependent variables within a single model equation.  Any assistance with SAS Viya on this problem would be greatly appreciated. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Again, a "formal multivariate regression" with multiple Y variables is mathematically the same as a single regression with each one of the Y variables. The fact that you are using SAS Visual Analytics doesn't change this. I don't know how you do this in VA, or if the VA solution fits your needs, but the math is as explained.

--
Paige Miller
greg6363
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually, the confidence intervals will have a different impact depending on the number of dependent variables included in the regression equation. Regardless, I found that using the GLM (Generalized Linear Model) option in the SAS Visual Analytics menu within Viya will allow for multivariate multiple regression analysis so consider this thread closed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation