BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adiaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody ! 

One of my clients demand me to create a report on SAS Visual Analytics and what they want is to filter a personalized graph with double axis and double measure for bars and lines with two filters, that is to say, a graph with this appearance :

One filter should affect only the green bar and the red line and the other should affect the blue bar and the yellow line independently so that if you only use one filter the other part of the filter should be constant.

I had investigated a lot and I tryed to modify the table to achieve it but I haven't found a solution. If someone can help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much !

Alfonso Díaz

8 REPLIES 8
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I cound not view the picture but I think I understand 🙂

Also I don't know which version you are using, I assume 7.4 or 8.2

You can create calculated meassures that depends on parameter values.

For the filters you use these parameters instead of ordinary interactions.

Lets say you have a filter called department and want to filter that specific graph.

Use a drop down and assign department as category. Also assign a parameter, lets say dep_param.

Pu the drop down on the report area, not the report prompt ares nor the section prompt area.

Create your calculated measure using the parameter:

IF department = dep_param then [value]

ELSE .

Then use this measure in your graph.

Go on with the other measures in the same way 🙂

//Fredrik

adiaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Fredrik! 

First of all, thank you so much for your answer and sorry about the picture. 

I have tried to filter with this parameters that you mencioned but still not working. Suppose we have a starter filter 'country' for the first filter 'HumanID' and on the other hand we have 'Department'. I need the graphic to be filtered by 'HumanID' and 'Department' thus if we have no filter in 'Department', the part of the graphic refering to that should be constant and using the params that you explained me, it is not.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I am start thinking that what I want it is not possible Smiley LOL . Hope you can help me

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Alfonso

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

Can you try to upload the picture again, maybe I get it clearer then 🙂

//Fredrik

adiaz
Calcite | Level 5

I will try to explain it better, I need one bar-line to be fix if I only use the filter 'HumanID' that I mentioned and, on the other hand, if I use the filter 'Department' the other combo bar-line should be now fix. 

Thank you!

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think it should be possible.

What if you check if the parameter has a value or not?

If it has a value then return only rows with that value in your calculated measure and if it has no value return all rows.

//Fredrik

adiaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi again Fredrik !

I was trying to solve my problem but I always bump into the graphic object. I'm seeing that if I apply a filter, it applies to the object not to the table, either the filter or the param. So I can't filter the table and that stop the desired solution. I'll try to convince the client to create to independent graphics for the comparison.

Thank you so much for your interest and your help!

Best regards,

Alfonso 

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ok, good luck!

The thing thou' is not to filter the graph object, instead you should filter the measures 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation