BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi I am trying to turn-on the "Used LASR Memory" graph in the upper right of the SAS VA. How do I do that?Capture.JPG

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The memory gauge is available in SAS Visual Analytics administrator in the main menu bar if you are using a distributed VA configuration. See http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p12krtemxr8tfmn1ksebw...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

Thank you your reply. Yes we are using a distributed configuration. However the memory gauge has disappeared suddenly by itself and we would like to turn it back on. How do we place it back on the main menu bar?

Thank you.

Regards

Cathy

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Cathy,

For the gauge to suddenly disappear is certainly strange. Are you able to see the memory resource utilization from the LASR -> Monitor Resources menu option?

The link to the documentation I provided above states "The gauge provides information for only the distributed server that is referenced in the service.properties file in the SAS configuration directory (at /Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/HighPerformanceConfiguration)." Has there been a change to the configuration of the distributed server?

Anything in the log files to indicate a failure to render the gauge?

Might be worthwhile raising it with SAS tech support too. Please post back the outcome.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
alexal
SAS Employee

@c4th1,

Make sure that /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/HighPerformanceConfiguration/LASRMonitor.sh is up and running.

c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6
@alexal

Have start up the LASR Monitor. However now we receive this error message - "An error occurred when the Resource Monitor tried to contact the SAS LASR Analytic Server Monitor. Please contact your system administrator".

Have I missed a step in between start/stop the server previously?

DavidRice
Fluorite | Level 6

Since it's almost a year old, hopefully you've resolved this issue, but I wanted to mention that we had a similar issue where the Process Monitor and Resource Monitor in the the VA Administrator would not load and generated the same error message that you had seen.

After a little more than a month going back and forth with SAS Tech Support, our SAS Admin team has finally resolved the issue, and those Monitors now load as before.  We are on SAS 9.4m3 and VA 7.3, so the root cause may be different for you.

Our VA App Server (and our BI App Server) had two versions of the sas.grid.broker installed:

/opt/sas/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/sas.grid.broker_703000.0.0.20150403143723_d4vaar9/sas.grid.broker.jar

/opt/sas/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/sas.grid.broker_703008.0.0.20170505155215_f0vaar9p/sas.grid.broker.jar

The value for sas.grid.broker in the picklist files was pointing at the newer "703008" version; after switching that to the older "70300" version and restarting the environment, the Monitors were back online.

If you haven't resolved your issue, and you need more details, let me know.  If you have resolved your issue, and it was by some other means, please also let me know.

David

alexal
SAS Employee

@DavidRice,

I'm glad that I've resolved your problem with resource monitor.

DavidRice
Fluorite | Level 6

Alex,

Yes, thank you!

I sent a follow-up to the Track with a curious thing, though.  The "other" Jar file location is listed in the picklist files in our Test environment, and the Monitors load just fine.

Thanks again for all your help!

David

c4th1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @DavidRice I just checked the two files you listed below. I am also using the same versions as you do. And we only have the

/opt/sas/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/sas.grid.broker_703000.0.0.20150403143723_d4vaar9/sas.grid.broker.jar installed.

Seems like I am missing another sas.grid.broker.jar file....?

c4th1

riteshfrank
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello David,

We also have the same of SAS and SAS VA.

Could you please give me the detailed step of all the checks you had to do and the final solution given by SAS Tech Support ?

looks like my root cause is going to be different that yours .

I have only one directory @ /opt/sas/SASHome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse/plugins/ which is 

> sas.grid.broker_703000.0.0.20150403143723_d4vaar9

thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

Ritesh

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation