BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
milts
Pyrite | Level 9

I keep getting this error on one of my VA tables. Others are working fine and I've checked the permissions that it's the same for all the tables.

Other infor:

• This is executed through Windows Task Scheduler by a service account (with logon as batch job permissions)
  • Service account has full control on physical paths related to VA(Monitoring, PID, Logs, etc)
  • Service account triggers the task but internal account sasadm@saspw is used to initialized the LASR library 
  • The task runs 2 times daily. One at 7:45am then another at 1:45pm. The morning one always fails and the afternoon completes w/o errors. Does the SAS Auto-load do something with it? Our Auto-Load task runs every hour (6am, 7am, ...).

Any idea how to resolve such error?

MPRINT(RELOADINTOLASR):   data LASRLIB.vatable;
MPRINT(RELOADINTOLASR):   set saslib.source;
MPRINT(RELOADINTOLASR):   run;

ERROR: Metadata Server denied access to operation.
ERROR: Member or library LASRLIB.VATABLE.DATA unavailable for use.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 1062 observations read from the data set SASLIB.SOURCE.
WARNING: The data set LASRLIB.vatable may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 1062 observations and 18 variables.
ERROR: Metadata Server denied access to operation.
ERROR: Member or library LASRLIB.VATABLE.DATA unavailable for use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@milts,

So it seems that it's some network issue that suddenly connection gets tripped between our Metadata and VA Server.

Yes.

Sorry for the silly question, but what is an ICF?

ICF stands for Isolated Customer Fix.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If the afternoon job is successful and the morning one is not then there must be something different about the morning one that is causing the errors. Is there anything different about the two jobs, either in the jobs themselves, or in the way they are set up?

Is your service account defined in SAS metadata?

This post might be helpful:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Unable-to-unload-table-from-LASR-quot-Metadata-S...

milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Both jobs are identical except for the task name. Batch script being called is also the same that's why it's strange.

Service account is not defined in SAS Metadata.

I'll be checking the logs based from the link you have shared and update you again.

Anyway, I was trying to check other factors. I have another task which also loads a different set of sas datasets to VA. When the faulty task above triggers, the other task is actually running. Is there some limitation on the concurrency of tables that can be loaded to VA?

alexal
SAS Employee

@milts,

Have you seen any errors in /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.<X>.log?

milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @alexal,

I'm unable to post the entire log here as it's on the client's server. But yes, there are some errors in the log file which starts with this line

com.sas.lasr.LASRException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed Out

Could this be some network problem? But strange thing is that my other task which that is also doing some loading to LASR library and even has bigger tables was loaded successfully.

An observation from today's batch is that it still failed. Then triggered a rerun of the batch and it was loaded successfully. Is there such thing that the LASR library gets too busy loading multiple tables to VA that the connection for incoming ones our dropped?

Apologies if my thoughts on the error are a bit odd as I am not fully knowledgeable on how VA works in the back end.

alexal
SAS Employee

@milts,

com.sas.lasr.LASRException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed Out

Could this be some network problem? But strange thing is that my other task which that is also doing some loading to LASR library and even has bigger tables was loaded successfully.

I assume you are either on SAS 9.4 M3 or M4. Am I right? If my assumption is correct, this is a network problem with communication between LASR Authorization Service and the metadata server. The metadata server didn't respond within 2s. 2s is the default timeout for M3 and M4. That can be increased by installing ICF. What is the sas.lasr.mgmt version in your /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1/sas_webapps/sas.lasr.authorization.war/WEB-INF/picklist?

NunoTGrunho
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi @alexal ,
Can you please explain how to increase the timeout value between LASR Authorization Service and the metadata server?

Thanks
alexal
SAS Employee

@NunoTGrunho,

You have to open a technical support track. Once you do that, send me its number.

milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @alexal,

Sorry for the late response as I just managed to check today.

Version for sas.lasr.mgmt in the picklist is 703000.0.1.201504031272710.d4bicomr9

I was trying to monitor the behavior as well the past few days of the servers. Yesterday's run completed without any problems. Today's run failed. I tried to rerun it and the first one failed, and another run was successful. So it seems that it's some network issue that suddenly connection gets tripped between our Metadata and VA Server.

Sorry for the silly question, but what is an ICF? Is this something that will ensure that connection across SAS Servers are always up?

Thanks again for the assistance!

alexal
SAS Employee

@milts,

So it seems that it's some network issue that suddenly connection gets tripped between our Metadata and VA Server.

Yes.

Sorry for the silly question, but what is an ICF?

ICF stands for Isolated Customer Fix.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation