BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GuillermoPH
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone!

This is my first day as a VA Designer and i'm having trouble with Range Sliders. I'm trying to put in it a date called 'Fecha Expedicion' but it is in DATETIME format; what i need it is to be in a YYYYMM-ish format. For example: if i have '13 de Septiembre de 2010 06:58:43' it should be '2010Sep' or 'Sep2010', the order is not important; this way i'm expecting the slider to go trough complete months and not through days.

Is there a way to do this in VA? I'm currently using the 6.3 version.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
SimonJ
Fluorite | Level 6
I only know this for 7.1it may work If you select the date field in question and duplicate this field, then format the field to a MMMYYYY format this should work
GuillermoPH
Obsidian | Level 7

I only had to change the format, it was quite easy actually. Thanks a lot!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation