BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
don_data
Fluorite | Level 6

With the recent upgrade to SAS VA 8.2 ( from 8.1), I noticed that Data preparation replaced the data module builder. I was surprised to observe that the new module stripped away the GUI interface for Data Transformations. Not being a core SAS user, I am now left trying to figure out what functions ( and their respective syntax) are available for use in Calculated Columns functions. The help icon was not helpful as it took me to Data Studio's guide and to the Data Step command, which is not what I assume goes into the Calculated Columns function. 

Wondering if there is a list available of functions and their respective syntax?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nar_sas
SAS Employee

The language that is used in the calculated columns transform is CAS datastep.  You can find a function reference here:

SAS Functions and CALL Routines by Category

Note that not all datastep functions are supported in CAS but many of them are.   Thanks for providing the feedback, and we do plan to provide an expression builder in a future release.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nar_sas
SAS Employee

The language that is used in the calculated columns transform is CAS datastep.  You can find a function reference here:

SAS Functions and CALL Routines by Category

Note that not all datastep functions are supported in CAS but many of them are.   Thanks for providing the feedback, and we do plan to provide an expression builder in a future release.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation