BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ender111
Obsidian | Level 7

In a list table, the categories / measures are arranged horizontally and the individual records listed vertically, much like a typical database table.  Is there a way to flip that, so the categories are listed out along the y-axis with the individual records stacking along the X-axis?   I tried this with crosstabs and couldn't manage it either.  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In a crosstab, you can put the measures on the rows. Does that help? This is a setting in the Options pane, under Measure heading placement.

Madelyn_SAS_0-1671739264778.png

ender111
Obsidian | Level 7
I see how that can be helpful, but I need a full pivot, so categories would have to be as rows as well as measures. I can't seem to get that to work.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think you can stack categories in rows by creating a hierarchy for these categories then adding the hierarchy to the row dimension rather than single categories.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation