BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

Is there any way I can select all the values in a list control while I am on the report viewer. I am able to do that in report designer however not in the report viewer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ali_jooan
Obsidian | Level 7

Sure ..

1. Create a table with one column and two records: Column name= "Selection_Options" values:{"Custom", "All"}

2. Add this table to your report designer

3. Create a new report section for our test

4. Create a prompt container

3. Drag two: Drop-Down and List controls in the prompt container

4. In the Drop-Down, drag and drop the column from our new support table "Selection_Options"

5. Create a character based parameter "Selected_Option"

6. Assign this parameter to the drop-down so that it picks up the value of our selection from the drop-down

7. In your main table, create a calculated item "List_calculated_var", and make it like:

If ('selected_option'p = 'Custom') then List_variable  /* List_variable is the one you want to assign to the list, so that it populate the list with all the values for selection */

else if ('selected_option'p='All') then "All" /* In this case "List_calculated_var" will only have one value "All".

8. Create a character list based parameter "Selection"

9. Now to your list control in the prompt container, assign "List_calculated_var" as category and "Selection" as Parameter

10. Now you have a parameter "Selection" having either "All" or "Custom" values and you can use this parameter in other controls ..

hope it helps ..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ali_jooan
Obsidian | Level 7

It doesn't "select all" directly but you can subset the list data by another control's parameter .. try using drop-down + list control combination to subset the selection list ..

ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

Can u give me an example

ali_jooan
Obsidian | Level 7

Sure ..

1. Create a table with one column and two records: Column name= "Selection_Options" values:{"Custom", "All"}

2. Add this table to your report designer

3. Create a new report section for our test

4. Create a prompt container

3. Drag two: Drop-Down and List controls in the prompt container

4. In the Drop-Down, drag and drop the column from our new support table "Selection_Options"

5. Create a character based parameter "Selected_Option"

6. Assign this parameter to the drop-down so that it picks up the value of our selection from the drop-down

7. In your main table, create a calculated item "List_calculated_var", and make it like:

If ('selected_option'p = 'Custom') then List_variable  /* List_variable is the one you want to assign to the list, so that it populate the list with all the values for selection */

else if ('selected_option'p='All') then "All" /* In this case "List_calculated_var" will only have one value "All".

8. Create a character list based parameter "Selection"

9. Now to your list control in the prompt container, assign "List_calculated_var" as category and "Selection" as Parameter

10. Now you have a parameter "Selection" having either "All" or "Custom" values and you can use this parameter in other controls ..

hope it helps ..

ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks that works

HCarlos
Calcite | Level 5

I've dutifully followed your instructions until I got to step 9, then I got "This report object does not support parameter assignment."

I'm using SAS VA v7.3 and it looks like I can't add a parameter to a list object?  Are there any other options for me to "select all" and "clear all" in a list control?

ali_jooan
Obsidian | Level 7

you can right click in list control and "Select All" or "Select None" ..

didn't know that the list control in 7.3 doesn't have parameter role .. in 7.4 it does ..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation