BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BlueBrazil
Fluorite | Level 6

I have set up 2 List Boxes based on the same dimension to select 1 value each. I then set up another list box, based on the same dimension, which filters the single value from the first 2 List Boxes, thereby giving me 2 values displayed in the 3rd List Box. I now want to do a select all on the 3rd List Box, automatically. Basically, I want the 3rd List Box to have a default setting of Select All so it can interact with Gauge 3.

The idea is to select value 1 from List Box 1 using Dimension 1 and display in Gauge 1. Select value 2 from List Box 2 using Dimension 1 and display in Gauge 2. List Box 3 uses a filter to display value 1 and value 2 in List Box 3 using Dimension 1 and displays the total in Gauge 3.

Hope this makes sense.

13 REPLIES 13
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Sadly for me it not clear want you really expect to get out of it. 

Could you please set-up a small sample with 3-5 values or so and describe the expected filter result.

Samples often make it more clear than words,  but that's only my personal opinion.

This way we might be able to answer your question, or find a work around with the same result.

Greetings  Peter

BlueBrazil
Fluorite | Level 6

Peter

Thanks for your reply. Please see attached. I need to have Drop Down List 3 set to Select All.

Regards

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi there,

Looking at your attached picture, this solution might work.

If you add a parameter to both the DropDownLists, the selected values will be stored in the two parameters.

Simply add a filter to the 3rd DropDownList that uses the both parameters as a filtering value.

This way the 2 selected values of DropDownList 1 and 2 will filter DropDownList 3.

Anyway you van link the DorpDownLists to any other graphics or so.

Greetings and good luck.

Peter

BlueBrazil
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your help. I had gone down the road of filtering a Gauge showing the values held in the 2 parameters but having a problem with the syntax. The 2 parameters GaugeDim01 & GaugeDim02 hold the 2 text values:

Regards

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi there,

i would suggest to use the and function and solit the filter in two lines

AND ( (dim01 = variable ) (dim02 = variable) )

if you want an AND function of cource, you can also use OR function if desired. etc.

Greetings

ps i described the formula, if you need it in VA grafics i could provide it to yoy,

SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Peter,

But could you please tell me one thing that how to display a value of dropdown list in text input?
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi there,

The item was about pre-filtering another dropdownList with a previous selected value.

Sadly your request is not possible as far as I know.

Anyway, what would be the use of entering a selection in a "INPUT" box  that is ment to be for inputting a unique value of a certain variable.

If you want just want to put your selection on a certain location (visualy) thats different but why would you want to do that.

Please explain the problem you want to solve, surely we will find a way to do it.

Greetings  Peter

SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Blue,

I resolved my issue. Thanks for your help
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Peter,

Sorry, I resolved my issue
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Blue,
Could you please tell me in brief that how you did it?

Actually i'm facing same problem. my requirement is i want to display a value of dropdown list in text input
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

From my understanding, you want to display 'n' values in list control 3..!, which are selected from List control 1 & 2

for example:

You have selected 'X' from List control1 and 'Y' from list control2.

want to show both 'X' and 'Y' In List control3...

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Teja,
thats the way my solution works now.
Greetings
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes Peter, it will.....Smiley Very Happy

Teja Surapaneni.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation