BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GreyHamster
Calcite | Level 5

This is for example the data:

dataset1: customer

dataset2: customer characteristics

On one page I have the customer list table with a filter (the filter contains different attributes than the customer characteristics table).

The second page contains the customer characteristics. So I link the first page to the second, so when I double click on the first page I get the result for each customer characteristics on the second.

But I also want to view all the customer characteristics that are showed on the first page (by the filter).

The purpose of that is that you can download an excel for each page and you have all the data in two excelsheets.

I tried to make a third page, but if I change the primary keys in the page links, it would also change the page link from the first to the second.

There is probably a way where 2 and 3 dont have to be in separate page.

3 REPLIES 3
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

What sas platform do you use?

What are the excel versions - is it a .xls or .xlsx files?

Are the two tables in different excel files or two sheets in one file?

Can you write or run your own sas base code?

GreyHamster
Calcite | Level 5
I did the dataprep in SAS EG and imported the two datasets in SAS VA (latest version).
I can write sas base code, but I am really not used to the SAS VA syntax, it does not seem like SAS base.

So the function to export a list table to excel is already in SASVA. But if one file can be downloaded to download a xlsx with both datasets with using the filters in SASVA that would be easier for the users.

But the main thing is to be able to browse through the filtered results for each customers characteristics (called page 2 in my 1st post) or for the selection of customer characteristics (page 3)
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Hi!
What happens if you add the first page data to the second page, would it not be filtered as well?
I mean if you for example put a table with customer data on page2?
//Fredrik

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation