BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, I have a report where the viewer can choose some parameters for all the report. I link this report with another. But I would like to simplify it by automotise the chose on the second one. We Work on Viya with the latest LTS version.
4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you please provide more details about this? 

"But I would like to simplify it by automotise the chose on the second one."

The second report is now filtered by the values you are passing in from the first report. Is the second report showing what you expect? 

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Madely, thanks for your first answer.

To answer this question, I have 2 separate reports. The user chooses from a drop-down list what he wants to see in report 1. Let's imagine it's eye color, for example. In Report 1, I've added a shortcut to Report 2 to go further.

Now, when the user goes to report 2 (which is fed from another source) but which also includes the eye color field, he has to choose again from the list.

What I'd like is for the user not to have to select again, and for report 2 to be filtered automatically on opening with the choice of report 1.

I hope this is clearer

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If each report uses a different data source, then, when you created the report link, you should have been prompted to map the two data sources. Did you do that? You likely would have had to click + to add the mapping. Here is what it looks like when I link two reports, each using a different copy of the CLASS table. 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1726062512969.png

YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks,

I did it but it doesn't match

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation