BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MVras
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to link from a key value to another report? I have 15 different key values on the same report page (the idea is a simple dashboard with daily number), and I want to link to more detailed reports that I set up as well. I can't seem to get a possibility to link from the key values, but I hope that it would be possible.

Best regards

Martin

8 REPLIES 8
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please give a concrete example (hopefully, a small example). In particular, what do you mean by "link"?

--
Paige Miller
MVras
Calcite | Level 5

Fx. if I double click on a key value, a different report opens in a different browser pane. In my case it's the number of ambulance transports from yesterday. I would like to have that key value link to our ambulance transport report which offers a lot more details on the numbers.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This is still too lacking in detail to provide any meaningful help. Is the key value you are talking about in some report somewhere? Is the report created by SAS? Can you show us the SAS code and the output?

--
Paige Miller
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9
Hello @PaigeMiller,

This is Visual Analytics related question, so no SAS code and output here 😃

Best regards,
Petri
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@PetriRoine wrote:
Hello @PaigeMiller,

This is Visual Analytics related question, so no SAS code and output here 😃

Best regards,
Petri

Ooops, my mistake!

--
Paige Miller
MVras
Calcite | Level 5

It's all done in Visual Analytics. I hope the attached screenshot can offer some context to my problem. Each of my values use the "Key Value" report object. What I want is to setup an interaction in the VA report, so that I fx. click on "Antal A-kørsler 2020" it opens up another report which. I thought it could be done by inserting a link directly to the other report, but I don't have the option. 2020-03-30 14_08_07-Window.jpg

PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @MVras ,

Yes, it became possible in the release VA 8.5. You just click R-M-B on top of the Key value object and select Add link. Since you haven't been able to do this I guess you are running earlier version like 8.3 or 8.4 and would need an upgrade to take benefit of this.

Best regards,

Petri

johnfrytz
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone able to create a workaround for this for version 8.3?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation