BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AaseMargrete
Calcite | Level 5

We are using horisontal bar charts in SAS VA ot show the results of surveys. Please see the attached print screens. 

When the category text is long, SAS VA doesn't seem to apply any line breaks automatically. Is there a way to force, or to get, line breaks for the category values? When we print the reports, we experience that the category text is replaced by ...., and this is what we want to avoid. 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of VA are you using? In our experience printed reports improved a lot when me moved to 7.4 from 7.3.

AaseMargrete
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply. We are using SAS VA 7.4. 

The category text, which consist of different questions, unfortunately do not appear with any line breaks, neither in the report nor in the printed version of the report.

Is there any HTML options avaiable that we could put into the category text values? 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not aware of any text formatting options available in the VA interface that will help your situation. I haven't tried inserting line breaks into the text itself but I doubt it would work and it may cause unintended problems. Might be worth trying as an experiment.

I would also recommend opening a track with SAS Tech Support. They are in the best position to test this for you.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation