BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello All,

I have noticed that the table size in LASR is not equal to HDFS library. Is it possible that when we load table first into HDFS and then load into LASR . in my case I did the same thing but size it not same in LASR as compared to HDFS. 

I could sense that LASR library is not reading the latest of HDFS library. Any Idea how to get lastest table from HDFS to LASR.

example : HDFS 4.30 GB , lasr 4.12 gb . i have not used any compression option(of course there  is not compression option while loading HDFS to Lasr) (we know there will be message the LASR table will have the same compression as the source table).

How to check whether HDFS and LASR having same version the table (size or update)..

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vallsas,

assuming that it is correct the information regarding compression, have you already tried to run something like what is in this document? It helps to understand the memory management in LASR: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/67629/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p050lknh5xepngn1s2...

alexal
SAS Employee

@vallsas,

I would like to see the output from "proc contents" for this dataset from both HDFS and LASR library.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation