BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

Is there any link between LASR table size and VA performance, will it really impact if the size of the lasr table is high then totally va will down? or it will keep on slow till the table used in the desining reports?i think there is a possibility on too many users on same time but i have a case on only one user thught out the huge va system but it seems same response(very slow) ....any light on this? please..

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @vallsas,

there is, indeed, a relationship, regarding performance.

I would suggest you to read the open thread at : https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/calculate-memory-usage-or-free-space-in...

If you have further questions, we can continue from here 🙂

PS. You might also find this thread useful as well: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Best-practices-to-control-data-Size-in-LASR/td-p...

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Many thanks 🙂
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

In addition to the answers you have got so far, I would recommend checking out the following link Sample 24804: %SQUEEZE-ing Before Compressing Data, Redux. Running your data sets through the %squeeze macro, could be a general good practice to control the overall disk space consumed by your SAS data sets, regardless whether you are uploading them to LASR or not. This approach does not have the CPU overhead that occurs when reading compressed data set.

Hope it helps,

Ahmed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation