BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

HI All, my users were reporting that performance had slowed down yesterday. It had been a while since we had installed updates so I stopped LASR servers, stopped the SAS servers, and ran the updates and rebooted. Now this morning I restarted all the sas server tiers, but I cannot start any of the LASR servers.

I have a ticket open and I'm waiting for a response from SAS, in the meantime I was hoping someone might have some idea what might have happened.

A few months back we redirected the WORK directory to a larger drive - I mention this because the WORK tag is referenced in the error. 

-------------- LOG: Start Server --------------

4                                                          The SAS System                           10:09 Thursday, October 18, 2018

63         %statuscheckpoint;
64         /* Skip Next Step If We Have a Bad Status Code */
65         %macro codeBody;
66            %GLOBAL LASTSTEPRC;
67            %if %symexist(LASTSTEPRC) %then %do;
68               %if %eval(&LASTSTEPRC. <= 4) %then %do;
70                  /* Start the single-machine LASR server process */
71                  libname ml sasiola startserver=
72                     (
73                        PATH="/sas/config/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/sigfiles"
74                     )
76                   host="<host>" port=<LASR Server Port>
77                  signer="https://<host>:<ssl port>/SASLASRAuthorization"
78                  ;
80               %end;
81            %end;
82         %mend;
83         %codeBody;
NOTE: No tag was specified in the LIBNAME statement. The default tag (WORK) is used to name and identify tables in the LASR 
      Analytic Server. You can specify a tag as a data set option.
ERROR: Unable to register LASR server with authentication service.
ERROR: Libref ML is not assigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@Djones4822,

When did you configure HTTPS/TLS on the middle tier? Please start the workspace server directly from the Linux console (/<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms) and show me an output from a program below:

libname ml sasiola startserver=( PATH="/sas/config/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/sigfiles" ) host="<host>" port=<LASR Server Port> signer="https://<host>:<ssl port>/SASLASRAuthorization";
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

TLS was configured earlier this year. No problems for months until now, but running that like you asked throws an SSL error:

NOTE: No tag was specified in the LIBNAME statement. The default tag (WORK)
      is used to name and identify tables in the LASR Analytic Server. You
      can specify a tag as a data set option.
ERROR: Unable to register LASR server with authentication service.
ERROR: Libref ML is not assigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

3?
ERROR: OpenSSL error 336134278 (0x14090086) occurred in SSL_connect/accept at
       line 6039, the error message is "error:14090086:SSL
       routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed".
ERROR: Encryption run-time execution error

I looked that error:14090086 error up and it led me here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/secref/69831/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1xeu488m00x85n16g3...

ERROR:14090086:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed
This message is displayed when certificates cannot be verified. If the directory where the certificates are located is specified using the SSLCACERTDIR environment variable, and the certificate names in the directory are not named using the value of a hash that OpenSSL generates, this message is generated. For more information, see SSLCACERTDIR Environment Variable.

That doesn't really make sense to me, why would this suddenly go awry?

alexal
SAS Employee

@Djones4822,

It looks like your SSL certificate expired and has been replaced on the middle tier.

Zuhdiyah
Fluorite | Level 6

How to get it working again after renewing the SSL certificate?

alexal
SAS Employee

You have to update the certificates on the middle tier using SAS Deployment Wizard.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation