BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Eureka
Fluorite | Level 6

Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting a LASR Server that fails to start (non-distributed environment)?

4 REPLIES 4
ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

Did it used to start and now just stopped?

Eureka
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes.

justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Eureka,

It would probably be faster if you call SAS Tech Support, they should be able to help you troubleshoot this.

Off the top of my head, the port could be in use or you have a stray SAS session or you have more than 16 LASR servers running, or your license has expired.

Regards,

Justin

ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

So first of I would look at what has been changed, patches, maintenance releases, config changes etc.

Assuming none of those then like Justin mentioned, licenses first.  Applying the VA license process is a little different to normal licenses we have found (through experience 😉

If its not that then its a combination of reviewing logs, and testing each layer of the SAS environment (i.e can you connect to Metadata, can you access the file system etc)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation