BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alexal
SAS Employee

@rodrigo_pereira,

That doesn't seem like SAS Technical Support Tracking number.

rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

@alexal it's the incident number to SAS Appplication Management.

Anyway, it seams an infrastructure issue according to the feedback of the support. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @rodrigo_pereira,

the output is strange. Yes, I would definetely follow @alexal and SAS Tech Support directions.

Meanwhile, I would like to add a couple of bits, case it might help:

1- To understand and query LASR, I strongly suggest a read to this link: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/68736/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p050lknh5xepngn1s2...

2- Additionally to the SAS code, there are 2 alternatives to query LASR: 

a- Usage Note 58922: Using the LASRInfo.jar utility to see information about your SAS® LASR™ Analytic Server http://support.sas.com/kb/58/922.html 

b- In the SAS VA Administrator web app, and the LASR Tables tab, you can show additional collums. If you show all of them (related to memory) you would see something similar as proposed by @alexal , and as proposed by myself above.

Let me explain to you: The whole point of this exercise is to to have a report that will show the memory loaded by each LASR table. This is important, because the way that LASR behaves is quite clever, but often info can be misleading if you cannot understand.

The info in LASR server tab and the basic info in LASR tables tab, only show up totals, of each table and total of tables. Regarding it sizes in memory.

But "memory" is actually a mix of several kinds of memory: RAM, disk, cache... What you see in the basic information of those tabs, is only the memory as totals of those above. However each table will be loaded in RAM or in disk or cache, depending of statistics and algorithms regarding their actual usage. More usage of data in a table, the more data of that table will be loaded in RAM. The less usage, only a bit in RAM, the rest in disk.

With the report above, you will be able to see how much is actually in RAM, per table, and how much in disk (aka "not really loaded").

To close this explanation, the bar in the top right, do not calculate the basic data of LASR tables and LASR servers, but with all of this additional information. It is a percentage of the REAL limit of your LASR servers, of the total of your memory (RAM + disk/virtual + cache).

To give a quick example:

Imagine you have 5 TB of data loaded. And 5 TB of RAM memory.

So the basic data will show LASR server is full. 

Now 2 extreme situations. If your users do not use VA, the bar on top-right can show, e.g, 18%. If your users use VA and the reports and the data at its max, then, the bar can show something close to 100%, which is a sign that your VA environment requires to be resized soon.

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

At my client i'm experiencing the following.

Last weeks the %memory usage was climbing towards the limit of 80%. Though, there was not really a lot more data being loaded.

This weekend there was a patch on our linux server, so there was a reboot and our script which loads all data from hadoop to LASR finished and now we are only at 18%.

What is a possible explanation? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 in conversation