BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

I wrote a stored process along with SAS code that includes parameters.  It works fine on SAS VA 7.1, but it's not intuitive on what to do when it opens up the page.  Meaning the user has to hover around until the "I" or info window pops up.  

I am trying to write some java script that will add the prompts to the report.  It would appear as a form on the page.  I am looked around quite a bit and cannot seem to get the prompt to work.

Does anyone know of any "simple" code that just calls in one prompt to pass to the stored process?  I can go from there, but at the momeny all i can get to work is a button.

Hope that's not too vague.

Thanks, 

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

While not as elegant and not the solution you asked for ... we solved the problem by adding to the title in the Properties tab "TITLE (Click the ? icon to see a list of prompts)".

The users understood what to do.  

🙂

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply Tricia.  I already did what you're suggesting. The ? doesn't show up unless you hover and click around for it.

If i can get the Java Script piece working, I think this will solve some of my woes with the limitations I have been running into with SAS VA.  It will also allow me to maybe create more than on scenario.  

I even referred to some odd book yesterday: "The 50 Keys to Learning SAS Stored Processes" Robot tongue

I hope you're doing well.

Dave

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I hope you will share your code!  🙂

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation