BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_User_Pro
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

Hope you are doing well.

I am working with sas viya 4 and using one of the lastest versions of visual analytics. 

When working with mutiple tables, I came across the following issues:

1. When editing an existing join in order to add a new table to the existing one, the new table is not link to the existing visuals despite the fact that we are still dealing with the same table. 
2. Still talking of the join mentioned above, if the table contains columns that are not present in the old table ( the existing joined table ) these columns will not be automaticall added to the new table. 

Is there a way to configure sas visual analytics so that these issues can be solve ?

Generally speaking can visual analytics be configure specifically for joins ?

Thank you  in advance for your reply

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For item 1,
"1. When editing an existing join in order to add a new table to the existing one, the new table is not link to the existing visuals despite the fact that we are still dealing with the same table. "

Are you replacing a table already used in the join, or are you adding a table to an existing join, e.g., adding a 3rd table to the join? 

SAS_User_Pro
Calcite | Level 5

I am adding a table to and existing join

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation