BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7

The first part of the course Module 1: Big Data Preparation, Statistics and Visual Exploration contains "Exploring data with SAS Visual Analytics - Chapter 1 Getting Started with SAS Visual Analytics" and "Exploring data with SAS Visual Analytics - Chapter 2 Using SAS Visual Analytics Explorer". For this course you need to sign in with the eric account and then do some exercises with the dataset "Insight_toy_company_2012".  When I try to do so, I get the message "Insight_toy_company_2012 is not available". I try it multiple times in different ways, but I keep on getting that error.

Is anyone familiar with this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Generally when this message is received from someone using a SAS supplied tutorial or training it is an indication that one or more step of the preparation for the course were missed or applied incorrectly resulting in expected data sets not being installed in the student's environment.

Sometimes they are installed but the server or account logged into does not have permissions or ability to see the files, which actually a special case of the first paragraph.

The first step is go back through all the module set up instructions very carefully and see if a step was skipped or a file path was misspelled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Generally when this message is received from someone using a SAS supplied tutorial or training it is an indication that one or more step of the preparation for the course were missed or applied incorrectly resulting in expected data sets not being installed in the student's environment.

Sometimes they are installed but the server or account logged into does not have permissions or ability to see the files, which actually a special case of the first paragraph.

The first step is go back through all the module set up instructions very carefully and see if a step was skipped or a file path was misspelled.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation