BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
StevenG
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have been struggling to find out much information on making user defined formats available to use in VA. So far all I have found which appears to be relevant are these links:

40103 - Frequently asked questions about making user-defined formats available in a SAS® Business In...

47100 - Support for user-defined formats in SAS® Visual Analytics Explorer, SAS® Visual Analytics De...

The VA user guide and the  SAS Intelligence Platform: Data Administration Guide both seem to be not very helpful; after having my formats.sas7bcat file placed in the suggested SAS-config-dir/Lev1/SASApp/SASEnvironment/SASFormats I have not been able to find any documentation telling me how to use them, neither does it seem straightforward. I don't think it can be done through VA, and I have access to but am not familiar with the SAS Management Console.

If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StevenG
Calcite | Level 5

Problem has been solved, it was due to the format being created in 32bit and the server running 64 bit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StevenG
Calcite | Level 5

Problem has been solved, it was due to the format being created in 32bit and the server running 64 bit.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @StevenG,

How you've converted the made it work in the 64-bit environment. Can you please share the steps.

I'm running SAS VA on 64-bit operating system and have create the formats.sas7dcat file at the specified directory but unable find proper links on how to use it.

Regards,

Balraj P

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation