BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
milts
Pyrite | Level 9

I would like to check on what's the behavior of SAS VA when let's say I unload a table then delete it through VA Administrator page. Afterwards, I load the table again, same name and no changes. 

With the tasks done above, do I need to re-map the VA table to the reports in which they were used? Or would SAS VA be able to load the report with no issues? This is with an assumption that the VA table was loaded into the SAS LASR Library and respective folders in SAS Metadata.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As long as the table name and column names remain the same and you store the metadata definition in the same metadata folder then any report that uses this data source will work without modification. You can even add new data columns and the reports will still work. If you change the name of any columns used in the report then you will need to go into Report Designer, do a data refresh and will have to re-map renamed columns. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As long as the table name and column names remain the same and you store the metadata definition in the same metadata folder then any report that uses this data source will work without modification. You can even add new data columns and the reports will still work. If you change the name of any columns used in the report then you will need to go into Report Designer, do a data refresh and will have to re-map renamed columns. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation