BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vpanzagarcia
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I have a data source with more than 300k rows.

On the list table there is no data to show, i get the message that there is too much data, so doesnt show anything.

I NEED to see ALL ROWS on the list tables, just scrolling. I DONT WANT TO FILTER ANYTHING.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is a link describing the default limits set in SAS VA 7.4:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0r2de9vkep76bn1tjb53...

You can change these settings in SAS Management Console in Configuration Manager. Please be aware though that there may be performance issues with displaying such a large number of rows. I suggest you test this thoroughly after changing it.

Edit: I did some further research on this and I couldn't find a specific setting to change. The documentation is a bit confusing and seems to suggest that the 40,000 limit applies only to the Classic Viewer and not the Modern Viewer. Have you tried the Modern Viewer and did it also limit the number of rows?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

I guess you are seeing the message when you are trying to generate an output in the SAS EG.  While rendering a huge listing usually SAS gives a prompt that says "too may rows to display o you wish to continue?". based on your response it either tries rendering the report or skips generating the report. In my opinion the best way to deal with this is to redirect the output to a file when you are trying to generate a huge listing as the client session will not allow you to do anything unless the report is fully generated if you do not redirect the output.

proc printto file='<your_path>/sashelp.lst' new;
run;

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

proc printto;
run;
vpanzagarcia
Fluorite | Level 6

r_behata, no! i'm working on visual analytics. using list table

r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Oh sorry @vpanzagarcia, my bad . I have not noticed that you have posted it under the Visual analytics.

Btw, I have had encountered a similar problem listing large data with the visual analytics , an earlier version  though (7.3 I guess). VA works like a charm while displaying the the summarized data. In my opinion it not so efficient while rendering large amounts of list data , I may be wrong as there are many variables like the amount of In-memory available , system resources etc. There is no option of circumventing the in-memory and hit the table directly outside for certain object types. The stored process can be used though, which has some limitations.

Wish you all the best in your quest for the answer.

vpanzagarcia
Fluorite | Level 6
Appreciate it. Thanks
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is a link describing the default limits set in SAS VA 7.4:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0r2de9vkep76bn1tjb53...

You can change these settings in SAS Management Console in Configuration Manager. Please be aware though that there may be performance issues with displaying such a large number of rows. I suggest you test this thoroughly after changing it.

Edit: I did some further research on this and I couldn't find a specific setting to change. The documentation is a bit confusing and seems to suggest that the 40,000 limit applies only to the Classic Viewer and not the Modern Viewer. Have you tried the Modern Viewer and did it also limit the number of rows?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation