BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Allancubos
Calcite | Level 5

Can someone let me know on how can I utilize SAS for Insurance Fraud Detection specifically in the line of Medical Insurance?

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Allancubos ,

As you can imagine several books can be written on that topic!

I have many articles from journals, but articles are often in Dutch.

Have a look here:
1. Detecting health care claims fraud
How to get faster results, fewer false positives and more fruitful investigations

https://www.sas.com/en_be/insights/articles/risk-fraud/detect-health-care-claims-fraud.html

and here:

2. SAS® Detection and Investigation for Fraud in Healthcare
Prevent, detect and manage payment integrity issues from every angle.

https://www.sas.com/en_be/software/detection-investigation-for-health-care.html

When I did it, I was more focusing on unsupervised learning (like multivariate outlier and anomaly detection) rather than on supervised learning (as there's maybe a lack of historical cases confirmed as fraud and the non-detected fraud cases from the past are polluting your "good" part of the sample).

Feel free to post some more "focused" questions!

Good luck,

Koen

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

On top of my previous reply ... (see above) 

I see that you posted in Visual Analytics board.

Visual Analytics (VA) is a great tool for "consumption" of the output of your models, but for the models themselves you will need Visual Statistics (VS) and / or Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning (VDMML).

Visual Analytics can be used as a front-end for (a big part of) VS and VDMML but there are better front-ends for VS and VDMML.

Good luck,

Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation