BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

How to undo any activity while creating the report in report designer?. I am unable to find the option anywhere.

Could anyone help me in this regards

6 REPLIES 6
EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Sundeep15685,

Unfortunately in VA7.3 (and lower) there is no 'undo option' in the designer (except in the expression builder for calculated/aggregated items).

The good news is (when I'm informed correctly), this will be an available feature in the next version.

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks EWS,

But according to me it is a basic necessity.

Regards

Sundeep

EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sundeep15685,

I fully agree but somehow it slipped there mind I think. Same as its not possible to easily change a chosen graph in a report, which can be done in the data exploration. But what I understand a lot of this kind of 'basic' features will be available in the next update.

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

You're both correct.  SAS Visual Analytics Designer has never provided users the ability to undo actions, yet SAS Visual Analytics Explorer has. 

I can't comment on specific new features for the upcoming release, but you might want to watch these videos from SAS Global Forum 2016: SAS Tech Talk: SAS Visual Analytics and Tech Connection - Demo: SAS Visual Analyitcs.

-Joy

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Ya HTML 5 based application will be pretty good. But SAS do charge for upgrading the version. I should wait and see whether my organisation opts for it or not. 

Thanks,

Sundeep

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Ya, Many a times I tool like changing the selected graph but it wont accept that.. so we need to completely do the data assignments again!.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation