BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sahego
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I am trying to view SAS Viya Visual Analytics reports on an Apple iPad directly through the browser, rather than using the SAS Visual Analytics app. Can you provide guidance on how to do this? 

When I try, it always directs me to the App even when it is not installed.

I don't want to use the App, because the refresh rate is not adequate due to the report size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here are the Viya 4 VA client requirements: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/itopscdc/v_055/itopssr/n06icj8cl1p3bbn12z5e8d8cidvw.htm

Is your browser on the supported list and 64-bit versions are recommended? What OS is your Ipad running? If it is iOS, that is probably the reason you are being prompted for the SAS Visual Analytics App. I suspect you need to be using MacOS.

You also need to be able to access a web server running SAS Viya Visual Analytics. 

sahego
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the reply,
Yes, iPad is running on iOS, unfortunately, there is no way to change it ot MacOS.

Reading up the document,  can we say that, iOS / Safari is not supported for mobile devices, and only the SAS App is supported? 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation