BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sujata
Calcite | Level 5
I have designed a report using SAS VA in which we are passing dates via list box with multiple choice option enabled.
But for this list box by default I want to pass only latest date value. It seems there is no any option available to set default value.
Can somebody please help me out with same.
4 REPLIES 4
ali_jooan
Obsidian | Level 7

create a numeric field for this date something like TreatAs ..

and then use it in a rank and select top 1 or bottom 1 according to your requirement ..

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Not sure if it helps but we had a similar issue with drop downs (rather than list box) with dates.

We ended up creating an extra column in data prep where newest date was shown as 'latest' rather than the actual date (we made it a text field), we then selected that in the report and saved so that 'latest' was always the default selected option

Fredrik_Hansson
Fluorite | Level 6

I recommend using the slider (I run VA in swedish, so I'm not sure it's called "slider"). It can be used for picking a range of dates or a single date. You can make it default to the maximum value (most recent date) in data.

It includes a descent date-picker, so you actually don't have to use the slider-tool. That helps a lot when you have a long time-range to choose from.

don_data
Fluorite | Level 6

You may be able to leverage the LAST function. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation