BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ngunan0921
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there! 

I'm asked to do the below: for question d I was able to extract the string from the : to the , ;however, a couple of numbers (sometimes there are . at the end) trail after it and I want to know how to remove them (different lengths). when I try to parse using format f f I get . as the result. By parsing the function will it make question d (from_lat)a measure data item? When i didn't use the parse function for question e, from_lon was categorized as a category and the other option was for it to be geography. 

ngunan0921_0-1699073521197.png

WITHOUT PARSE function

ngunan0921_1-1699076062916.png

WITH PARSE function

ngunan0921_3-1699076138195.png

ngunan0921_2-1699076086994.png

ngunan0921_4-1699076200565.png

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

First thing I would say is to provide any examples in the form of text. Copy text from a file using any text editor and on the forum open a text box using the </> icon that appears above the message box and paste the text. Better would be to paste a working data step that will create a SAS data set with values that you have. It is next to impossible to write code to read from a picture.

Second: do the same pasting of text of what you want for a result from the given example.

Third is to show the code that you have attempted so far, again pasted into a text box. Since you didn't show any of the requirements I have to assume are a, b and c it is hard to tell if part of the solution may involve those.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation