BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kesahli
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to have a graph with a table (crosstab or list) of values next to it (or underneath), but put this inside a stack container or similar so users can scroll through different variants of graph/table combination.

So each graph/table combination might show same measures, but by different grouping. Say for instance, one combo shows sales by region, next combo has sales by customer type, next combo sales by month etc.

Custom graphs don't allow the inclusion of a table or list in order to have them show at the same time in a stack container.

An alternative would be to have two vertical/horizontal containers side by side - one with graphs, one with tables, but have them scroll together. Don't know how I would achieve this.

Any suggestions. (hope the above makes sense)

Using VA 7.1.

Thanks,

M

4 REPLIES 4
SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello M,

Have you considered using a filter so that you only need one crosstable and graph on the screen?  You could use a few different types of controls that might allow the user to choose whether they want to look at the region, customer type, etc.  This could save you a lot of screen real estate and simplify the user interaction.  Do you need the multiple graphs/cross tables side by side or vertical for comparison purposes? 

Mike

kesahli
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Mike,

The groups ome from different columns so filtering isn't really an option.

That said, a solution provided to dakuwan's question "Change stack grouping by drop down" may be useful. I'll give it a try.

Thanks

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Good call, kesahli, on trying out the solution in the thread: Change Stack Grouping based on dropdown choice -  I'm adding a direct link to the topic here for ease of reference for other members who many run into the same issue.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation