BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bjordan
Calcite | Level 5

I have a bar graph that uses both a category (School_Name) and a group (School_Category).   If I use just the category (School_Name), I get a graph that look close to what I need, where the school with the most is the tallest bar on the left and things get smaller as you go to the right.  The user wants to color code the bars based on the school category.  I can get the color coding by adding School_Category to the Group role, but then the sort sequence is changed to alphabetic by school name, and the sort option is no longer available.  How do I get the bars to sort in descending Y-Axis order while keeping the color coding benefit of the group column/option.  See attached for examples of what I'm seeing.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
KeithM
SAS Employee

I created this SAS Sample that provides a workaround.   http://support.sas.com/kb/59/480.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation