BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jan_pilar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I wonder if there is a workaround for export forecast (line plot) from exploration into report

and keep it interactive (responsive to new source data) as it is while in exporation.

The problem I experience:

When I create exploration with forecast a then export it into report - the report looks as it should.

Then I updated the source LASR table (added few rows with further dates) and refreshed the report.

The slider/cursor remains in its previous position and marks the wrong date to be the latest.

If I add whole year of further dates, the plot is zoomed out and the slider/cursor is still stucked

on date which was the latest in time the exploration was exported.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

I don't think what you're after is possible. As it states in the documentation at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.3: User's Guide - Export an Exploration as a Report, line charts with forecasting analysis are not available if the visualization has not been displayed during the current session.

It seems for a line chart with forecast to render correctly the visualization will need to be opened in the same session.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

I don't think what you're after is possible. As it states in the documentation at SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.3: User's Guide - Export an Exploration as a Report, line charts with forecasting analysis are not available if the visualization has not been displayed during the current session.

It seems for a line chart with forecast to render correctly the visualization will need to be opened in the same session.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
jan_pilar
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.

Since this is not possible I also think there might be way to calculate upper and lower values of forecasting variable using IMSTAT procedure - FORECAST statement.

Then visualize this pre-calculated table in report. And calculate forecast every time I update source table (e.g. on daily basis).

But when I try to use FORECAST statement in SAS code (following this example) error emerges in log:

ERROR: Your software license does not provide the ability to exercise statistical functionality in the IMSTAT procedure, such as the FORECAST statement.

Is FORECAST statement of IMSTAT procedure licenced differently then IMSTAT procedure which comes with Visual Analytics?

SnurreJensen
SAS Employee

You are correct - the use of the FORECAST statement in PROC IMSTAT requires a separate license.

Thanks,

Snurre

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation