BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LucyLuo
Fluorite | Level 6

In SAS VA demos, most of introduction, it has "Click here for more information on this section", once you click, it will pop up a new window  to show detail info. How do make this happen?

I used Text object, but it only can link to different section or different report. not prompt new window.  would you please tell me how to make it avaiable? Thanks!

Environmental Reporting Demo | SAS® Visual Analytics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Lucy,

You need to be in the SAS Visual Analytics Designer to set up an info window.  You can change an existing section in a report into an info window by using the drop-down arrow on the right side of the tab. The steps are described in the "Add an Info Window to a Report" topic, which is here in the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide.

Once you have the info window, then you'll want to add a link to it from the text object.  The steps are described in the "Create a Link from a Text Object" topic, which is here in the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide.

-Joy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Lucy,

You need to be in the SAS Visual Analytics Designer to set up an info window.  You can change an existing section in a report into an info window by using the drop-down arrow on the right side of the tab. The steps are described in the "Add an Info Window to a Report" topic, which is here in the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide.

Once you have the info window, then you'll want to add a link to it from the text object.  The steps are described in the "Create a Link from a Text Object" topic, which is here in the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide.

-Joy

LucyLuo
Fluorite | Level 6

Joy, thanks for your quick reply. we are using SAS VA 7.1 with lynic server. and from the interaction, I can see info window link, but it is gray out for all the objects in the designer mode.

but report link or section link are not gray out at all.

LucyLuo
Fluorite | Level 6

Joy,

I read the guide more closely and found out to build section of infomration link and now it is working.

thanks again!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation