BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Picanion
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a report with customer ID, customer Name, and account count field.. i have inserted a cross tab to display customer Name wise  account count. It has more than 1000 records (rows). Now i wast to insert a input field, where user can type/paste a set of names (e.g. Alfed,Carol, Henry) and the corresponding value should appear there in cross tab or graph. 

I have already tried 'Text-input' option but it could take only one value to filter, not taking multiple. 

We would like to paste set of customer name or upload a excel/csv file to filter out the report in the view. User can accordingly view interested record and download if needed. 

you may consider below data for example... and need a filter button on dashboard of SAS VA to filter data by names.

data WORK.CLASS(label='Student Data');
   infile datalines dsd truncover;
   input Name:$8. Sex:$1. Age:32. Height:32. Weight:32.;
 datalines; Alfred M 14 69 112.5
 Alice F 13 56.5 84
 Barbara F 13 65.3 98
 Carol F 14 62.8 102.5
 Henry M 14 63.5 102.5
 ;;;;

Regards,

Partha 

7 REPLIES 7
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

are you asking to control user access at the record level rather than the table level?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Partha,

I believe the answer in this thread:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/How-to-use-text-input-for-multiple-selections-in...

might help you. I am not sure about pasting in a large number of names, but it should work for reasonably small numbers of input values.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Sam

Picanion
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I have more than 1000 record and would like to filter on multiple selection. This approach is good for 4-5 records only. 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Partha, did you look at my post in the thread I linked above?

The number of rows in your data is not an issue, only the maximum number of selections that will be entered at one time.
Picanion
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I have checked that too. in my case input can also go beyond 100 records. What to do in that case?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
More than 100 inputs? I don't think there is any way to do that in the VA reporting interface.

In your data preparation, I think you could do a join to keep just the records that match the names list. But that is not a self-service approach that non-privileged users could use.
Picanion
Fluorite | Level 6
I meant table level which is displayed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation