BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

When I use CAS server with SAS Visual Analytics, especially when using a SAS program, it did not recognize all files imported from local computer.

Thierry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeFurbee
Community Manager

This thread is an offshoot of the larger issue of running the recommender sample in the Visual Analytics trial. The original thread is located in the Developers Community.

Based on how the filesystem of the trial is set up, you need to use the FILESRVC Access method in the filename statement. Please reference that thread for details and code samples.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

I can not see the reply from Sas_Cares as shown in my Notifications.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you track this to SAS Tech Support to get a faster response. In the Community you are relying on SAS users who are helping you in their own time. Also the trial version of SAS VA is probably not familiar to most users. I'm guessing it is cloud-based, hence the problem with referencing local data. I suspect you will have to do an upload to a staging folder in the cloud but Tech Support should be able to help.

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @SASKiwi ,

I think you have reason, and thank you very much, I am just struggling with the Recommend System where I faced the problem of importing data, I want only to have an Idea if any user have tried my experience.

Thank you very much.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Hi @Thierry95 - I hope someone will be able to help you, but Tech Support might be quicker.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

This thread is an offshoot of the larger issue of running the recommender sample in the Visual Analytics trial. The original thread is located in the Developers Community.

Based on how the filesystem of the trial is set up, you need to use the FILESRVC Access method in the filename statement. Please reference that thread for details and code samples.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation