BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
viswmmo
Fluorite | Level 6

In Visual Analytics, when opening a report and selecting "About this report", a window pops-up showing Name of report, Modified by and date, Created by and date and Folder.

There is also a field in "About this report" named Overview, that is possible to edit. My idea is that this field would be perfect for miscallaneous metadata info, like Owner of report and Contact info. Then, I would like to fetch what value is in "Overview" with a program in order to get a list output.

Does somebody please have an idea of where the value of this field "Overview" is stored in metadata of the report and how to fetch it?

I am running VA version 8.5.2 on Viya version 3.5.

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It looks like the terminology is a bit different in 8.5.2. I see no way to export this information about the report. 

RobbyP
SAS Employee

The SAS Viya Reports API (https://developer.sas.com/apis/rest/Visualization/#get-a-report) allows you to retrieve metadata about reports, including:

RobbyP_0-1648058571854.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation