BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

Anyone knows how to enable the forecasting in Line Chart? Our SAS version is already 7.1  and My Line Chart already have DATE item (as category) and count (as measure) but still I don't see the Forecasting in Role tab. Please help. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Carrot17

3 REPLIES 3
jplarios
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Carrot17,

First, are you in exploration mode? if so, the easiest way, is to right on the graph and you should see a "Show Forecast" among the selection list in the pop-up; select it and you should be set. SAS documentation will tell you among the forecast models which is the best that  SAS chooses on the fly. Also an important note:

Note:Forecasting accounts for cyclical patterns by using standard intervals of time (for example, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, and so on). If your data uses nonstandard intervals (for example, 48 30-minute cycles per day), then cyclical patterns are not considered in the forecast.

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide    <- under Overview of Data Analysis in SAS Visual Analytics Explorer

good luck.

Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi jplarios,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Report Designer. Is forecasting available in Report Designer SAS Visual Analytics? Smiley Happy

Best Regards.

jplarios
Quartz | Level 8

Carrot17,

No its not available in Report Designer except when exporting your forecast results from exploration mode; and when doing so you cannot modify the forecast result except for its properties and styles for the theme and look and feel. So, the objects in the report are not available for you to modify nor make interact within other objects in the report's tab. Also, each visual in an exploration mode; when exported to report designer, becomes a tab - for each.  Also, if the data is scheduled, the report's forecast will update - say you are updating every day- the forecast displayed on the exploration export, will update.

To export a from an exploration to a report: File->Export as Report.

During the alst Global Forum, I did hear from the developers that eventually exploration and report designer will be somehow merged but unsure of when will this happen.

I am in SAS VA 7.2 .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation