BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KarthikB
Calcite | Level 5

Dear VA Experts,

Could you please advice me on how to do Union of two tables in "data preparation" of SAS VA 6.4 version.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @KarthikB,

There is some information about working with joins in the  SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide. You may also find the following video tutorials helpful:

Is there a specific question you had/are you having difficulty with a particular task? If so, perhaps you can include a screenshot for the community to see and assist.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

This is also my concern in SAS VA. Anyways, All I can see in Data Preparation is joining (Left, Right, Inner and Full outer join) only.

Regards,

Ces

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Ces,

Try appending the in-memory tables. This could be the solution that you're looking for.  Here is some additional information about it as well as instructions on how to perform this task from the data builder:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Lorrie,

Thank you for your help. It answers my question. However, I tried the appending in-memory tables I can't see/view the Output of the created Appending Table. Please advise. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ces

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Ces,

What steps did you take? Did you receive an error message?

At this point (without knowing more information), I'm thinking it could be that you didn't click the arrow button to 'Run' after you saved. However, it could be something else depending on the steps that you took. Please let me know and I can help.

Best regards,

Lorrie

Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Lorrie,

Here's the steps that I did.

1. I have 2 Data Queries. Let say 1 data query is for US data and the other 1 is for ASIA data.

2. create Append Table.

3. Set the US data as Based Table

4. ASIA data as source table.

5. Save

6. Run

I did not encountered any error. I just can't see the created appended table in the report designer.

Thanks! ☺

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Ces,

Thanks for the information. Your steps look good, so that shouldn't be the problem.

So it sounds like from the report designer, when you click to add a data source and the list comes up, you don't see your base table "US data." Is that correct?

Thanks,

Lorrie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation