BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
viswmmo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

does someone have an idea of how to add a generic/shared mailboxadress as recipient of a distributed report in Visual Analytics?

I can add users or groups as recipients, if they exist in AD. But we don't have generic/shared mailboxadresses as members in AD. 

We use Viya version 8.5.

Kind regards

Mattias

2 REPLIES 2
New2SASProgram
Calcite | Level 5

The only way I know of is in your email server. I know Exchange offers the ability to create email groups. I believe Sendmail does too, but I haven't configured that for a long time now. I would expect any email server to do the same.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Visual Analytics uses the Identities service to pull user information from the LDAP server directly. Therefore, user information such as phone number, work address, and email address must exist in LDAP. In addition, only users have have logged in at least one can receive a distribution. If you could create a 'dummy' account in LDAP with the email address you want to use, and have an administrator use that account to log in at least once, you should be able to accomplish this. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation