BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I need some help with the knowledge regarding creating a user specific view when a user views the report? For eg. If we have a report that shows student information for all campuses, if one user only wants to look at their campus every time they login, I want the report to show their campus information to them. Other users can create their specific user views and log-in and view exactly what they want.

We are having some issues with usability as users are feeling it complicated to keep choosing multiple filters to get the data they want from VA dashboards. If we can help users to have custom views, I am sure usability can increase. This feature is available SAS Viya 8.3 but not sure about SAS VA 7.5, which is what we use?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Are you looking for Row Level Security options?

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/7.5/vaag/n0hopehj2j9vzun1jm9rl56bpnrh.htm

Sorry, seems like you just want to set different default views not actually restrict access, my mistake.

@Thanuja wrote:

Hi All,

I need some help with the knowledge regarding creating a user specific view when a user views the report? For eg. If we have a report that shows student information for all campuses, if one user only wants to look at their campus every time they login, I want the report to show their campus information to them. Other users can create their specific user views and log-in and view exactly what they want.

We are having some issues with usability as users are feeling it complicated to keep choosing multiple filters to get the data they want from VA dashboards. If we can help users to have custom views, I am sure usability can increase. This feature is available SAS Viya 8.3 but not sure about SAS VA 7.5, which is what we use?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7
This is interesting, thanks for sharing it Reeza. However, I am looking for more user friendly and customized view specific to each user. Like for student report, by default will have all data available to all users we give access to. However, when user A look at the report, they can choose 4 filters, then user A can save that view for the next time they login. Now, user B log into SAS and looks at default report, choose 6 filters and save that view for themselves for next time. So overall report is same for everyone, but they can save it anyway they want for thier login rather than us deciding what they want. Hope it makes sense!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation