BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Oski415
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS community! In SAS VA, I need to create non-tabular, continuous multi-line reports, that have report labels alongside every column in every record instead of column headers at the top. 

The report I have in mind may have some semblance to the MS Access report example below. Note that the report "Details" section has a column label for each and every record, and text-boxes are allowed to wrap overflow text. Comment: I have blurred out the distracting parts of the screenshot, as I have borrowed from someone else's example.

In short, a table-like report has been ruled out, because there are too many data elements that would create a horizontal scrolling nightmare ... the report I envision has more columns than the example below. 

Access-Continuous-Report.jpg

Is it possible to craft such a report in SAS VA? Hopefully, there multiple ways to accomplish this. And BTW, if one of the answers is SAS VA+HTML+CSS, I don't mind (as I have lots of prior experience with dynamic web applications--e.g. PHP, ASP.NET, etc.) ... but in this post, I am seeking a self-contained SAS VA solution, along perhaps HTML+CSS, and if necessary, JavaScript and/or some other framework.

Additionally, I would like the ability to create MS Access-esque group headers and/or group footers (albeit the above example lacks them), but headers/footers are merely "nice-to-haves". 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
HI!
The easiest (i think :)) is to use the data driven content object and create the report using a viya job. You create the job using SAS/Base and ODS. There is no "report"-object in SAS VA to create what you want other than list/cross-table.
You can create interactions to/from the DDC to interact with other objects in the VA report.

BR
Fredrik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
HI!
The easiest (i think :)) is to use the data driven content object and create the report using a viya job. You create the job using SAS/Base and ODS. There is no "report"-object in SAS VA to create what you want other than list/cross-table.
You can create interactions to/from the DDC to interact with other objects in the VA report.

BR
Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation