BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

How to create new custom category with own values assigned?

I want new Category with 2 own values

An example:

Category1 - values ("Value1","Value2")

Becasue i want to use this category in dropdown list

Regards,

Sunny Kumar Gupta

7 REPLIES 7
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Read the doc for the datalines statement.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Scott,
What do you mean that?
i don't understand
what doc are you talking about?

Regards.
Sunny Kumar Gupta
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The SAS documentation.  Try typing "datalines" into Google.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry Scott but i'm asking on SAS VA level not through Base SAS. But thanks for reply
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Apologies, I didn't see the group name via my RSS reader.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The SAS VA documentation describes how to create custom categories... http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n133d7vjj5losnn0zber8...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Michelle.

Sorry but that's not answer of my question. I know it very well that how to create new category with given category in Dataset. But my requirement is how to create new category with own values assigned without taking any category from Dataset.

An example

1) First i want to Category1

2) With own value not from Dataset :- Value1 and Value2

Category - Value1 and Value2

these two value are not available in Dataset.

Regards,

Sunny Kumar Gupta

not this.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation