BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
C_Myers2211
Fluorite | Level 6

At my work we are doing a stress test of SAS VA. The goal is to get as many people using it to see when the server gets hung up and hopefully crashes.  Someone mentioned to run a bunch of stored processes with %abort in it but is there anything else that I could do to make the SAS VA "crash"?

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

You might want to specify which SAS-release you are running and ALSO(!) which VA-release??

If you would go for the abort-scenario, make sure to read:

How to conditionally stop SAS code execution and gracefully terminate SAS session?
By Leonid Batkhan on SAS Users March 24, 2021

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2021/03/24/how-to-conditionally-stop-sas-code-execution-and-gracef...

I would say 'good luck' but maybe not the appropriate wording if you want to "crash" the VA-server 🤔

I hope that 'VA extremely slowly or not-responding' is also OK for you.

Koen

r_behata
Barite | Level 11

You might as well stress test by Increasing the In-Memory consumption of the LASR/CAS server. Generally speaking, In a multi-tenant environment In-Memory consumption could lead to server to become Un-responsive.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience you won't be able to crash SAS VA. All that will happen is response times in your browser pointing at SAS VA web pages will just increase to the point the VA web pages wont refresh at all. If you also monitor the SAS VA web server CPU usage will also flat line at 100% and possibly memory will max out. The bottleneck is all of the Java processes running on the SAS VA web server

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation