BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

=Sum((If <Trans Code (num)>=XX  Then <Trans Number of  Trans>) ForEach <Trans Code (num)>)

I m trying to convert a report from the mentioned BI Tool, I understnad the function partially. As I can do it individually with if function, but can we do aggrgated function with boolean as we do not find the option of aggregated fields while creating any calculated field. Please answer.

3 REPLIES 3
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

if you can give a small example with data then it will be easy to help you.

GS10
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

This is the example I have mentioned in my post.

=Sum((If <Trans Code (num)>=XX  Then <Trans Number of  Trans>) ForEach <Trans Code (num)>)

ballardw
Super User

The request for data such as @kiranv_ is to show some actual values and what the result of that function would be.

Since this is SAS forum it is very possible that few of the users actually are familiar with SAP. I know that I know nothing about SAP.

But with example data sometimes I can work out a procedure that mimics displayed values.

Further complication is that Visual Analytics has a different set of data manipulation tools available than Base SAS or EG or Studio. So an example may be even more important for the subset of forum participants that know VA.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation