BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BLE
Obsidian | Level 7 BLE
Obsidian | Level 7

The default library for my SAS VA query output table is a Public LASR library.

I have a project folder in my SAS Folders where I would like to store my output table.

What do I need to do in order to be able to choose a library that will direct my output table to my project folder?

In SAS VA's Data Preparation I can change the query's output location, but not the output table's library from the default.

I think I need to register a library in SAS Management Console in order to make it available for use for my output table but I need help figuring out the steps.  I know how to start the New Library Wizard in SAS MC, but am not sure if I should choose SAS LASR Analytic Server Library or SASHDAT Library, or if I should not even be choosing a High-Performance Analytics option.  

Is there a document that explains each step of SAS MC's Plug-ins Data Library Manager's New Library Wizard and each option in each step?  

Is there an easier way to create a non-default library that can be used for the SAS VA query's output table? 

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suspect you are confusing the actual physical location of your table with where you store the metadata describing the same table. The SAS folders as seen in SAS VA are for storing report and query definitions are metadata folders.

When you import a SAS dataset into your Public LASR library you can store the metadata definition of the table in any SAS metadata folder you like, but the actual table still gets loaded into the LASR in-memory library. You don't need to create a new library in SAS SMC - you would only do that if you wanted another LASR library apart from the public one.

BLE
Obsidian | Level 7 BLE
Obsidian | Level 7
I want everything associated with my project to be stored in a non-public place. Please explain why it would be ok to store metadata associated with my output table in a public library.

If I still am uncomfortable with the metadata for my output table being in a public library, do you agree that I must create a project specific library for the metadata associated with my project's output table? If yes, is there a document that explains each element going in the New Library Wizard?
Or a document showing how to do what I want to do in SAS VA?

Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to reply 😊
BLE
Obsidian | Level 7 BLE
Obsidian | Level 7

I understand that the library is only effecting where the metadata will be stored, but even that information is not something I want available to others, which I expect it would be if it was stored in a public LASR library.  That is why I need to change the library.

I understand the actual table is stored in the location I specify, which is a public folder as the default but does work when I change that to my project folder in SAS VA Data Preparation's Output Table tab.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So do you want to define a new private LASR library then? Generally speaking the usual reason for creating extra LASR libraries is to apply limits on the available memory to different groups of users, not to control access to access to tables.

Who sees what tables in LASR is controlled by what metadata folders the table definitions are stored in. I'm also not sure I understand your problem clearly. Is your issue just restricting access to certain LASR tables or something else? 

BLE
Obsidian | Level 7 BLE
Obsidian | Level 7

I think I need to define a new private LASR library in order to keep all of my table information private.

My problem is restricting access to everything associated with my project including metadata related to the LASR tables used as data sources for my report.

Jose2
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the same question and I would appreciate some help (new to SAS btw)

I have two project teams working on two visualizations. I want them to be able to see only the data sources, explorations, and reports relevant to their project. Right now when they open a document they see everything that is in the public LASR library. 

Could someone advice or provide documentation on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation