BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jeove74
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi everyone,

As our SAS VA setup includes both the temporary LASR server and the permanent HDFS layer, I would like to ensure that whenever we (for some dubious reasons) have to restart our LASR server, then everything stored both on LASR/HDFS automatically gets reloaded from HDFS to LASR.

How is that setup - can anyone revert me and my team to a description, paper and/or cookbook on how to set this up.

I expect this to be possible - otherwise why have a HDFS layer? But I have not been able to trick the tips&trick on how to do it.

Please help 🙂

Kind regards,
Jesper

4 REPLIES 4
Jeove74
Obsidian | Level 7
But I have not been able to FIND the tips&trick on how to do it. ( spelling error, sorry)
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The closest to "automatic way" is to write a script that runs after the SAS VA restart.  The calls a SAS program that runs the code to do the job.

Tricia A

Zencos Consulting

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Any approach which you would like to mention.

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The SAS LASR Analytics Server manual discusses several coding methods for working with the LASR and HDFS. Then it's just a matter of writing some server scripts and testing your process.

Tricia A.

Zencos Consulting

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation